Bound for the Brownian motion exit time

Bound for the Brownian motion exit time

Suppose T inft: B_tnotin a,b where a0b and aneq -b. I would like to show mathbbET2 leq C mathbbEB_T4. The problem also says to apply Cauchy-Schwarz inequality to mathbbETB_T2. Now I know B_t4 - 6tB_t2 3t2_t is a martingale, and it suffices to show the inequality above for Twedge t. By martingale property and Cauchy-Schwarz, we have mathbbE B_Twedge t4 3mathbbE Twedge t2 leq 6 biggmathbbE Twedge t2bigg12 bigg mathbbE B_Twedge t4bigg12 I am stuck here, and I am trying to conclude from this without getting into too explicit calculation with the B_T term since we can actually compute mathbbET2 and mathbbEB_T4, but I think it is not the point of this problem...

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

FillChar and StringOfChar under Delphi 10.2 for Win64 Release Target

TeXnicCenter does not work with Adobe anymore